Thursday, March 19, 2015

Cafe Gitane 

Located in SoHo downtown on Mott Street and Prince Street is a little French cafe called Cafe Gitane. When it is nice out, enjoy a nice meal outside while getting some fresh air. However for my friend and I, it happen to rain and snow when we decided to go to the cafe. After opening the door to walk in, there is a step and then curtains and the place is darkly lit. We get out menus and sit down. After glancing at the menu, we reached a decision. My friend and I both ordered cappuccinos. I then ordered avocado toast and the baked pasta, while she ordered a waffle with fruit. Find the menu here.

The cappuccino needed lots of syrup. The restaurant provided a bottle of syrup that could be used in both my friend's waffle and also in the drinks. After getting the food, the pasta was really hot, even the plate. I decided to start on the avocado toast until the pasta cooled off a bit. The avocado toast had a very strong taste of lemon compared to other avo toasts I've had in other places around New York City. The pasta was really good and the way it was made definitely lived up to that name of the dish because it was listed as "baked pasta." It was nice and cheesy as well as filled with many spices that would linger on the tip of your tongue. My friend really enjoyed her dish she ordered and she can find herself coming back with other friends or family.



242 Mott Street
New York, NY 10012

HOURS OF OPERATION
Sun - Thur 8.30am - midnight
Fri & Sat 8.30am - 12:30am  
**CASH ONLY**

No comments:

Post a Comment