Thursday, March 12, 2015

Chobani SoHo

On a cold and freezing afternoon during a snowstorm, I met up with my French friend who is studying and interning in New York City for this semester. We had met through another friend of mine who I met a few years ago. Once she said she wanted to try the best food places and try new food, I knew we would get along right away. 

Going for something like a light snack, we decided on Chobani in the SoHo area of the city where you are able to create your own yogurt creation with many toppings or to pick a blend of toppings and yogurt they have picked for the menu. 

After arriving at the location, the place itself is surrounded by all glass windows which lets people who pass by to look in. Not only do they offer yogurt creations, they also offer sandwiches, soup and coffee and tee which you would not think a yogurt branded store would have. 


Click on the menu image for a bigger version. A copy of the menu can also be found here

After carefully looking at the menu my friend decided on the half-size "Peanut Butter & Jelly" yogurt creation. The ingredients in it are the original Chobani yogurt, creamy peanut butter, fresh red grapes, concord grape jelly and roasted peanuts. I ordered the full size "Toasted Coconut & Pineapple." It also has the original Chobani yogurt, fresh pineapples, toasted coconut flakes, crushed hazelnuts, light agave nectar. They offer two sizes: half and full size. The half size is approximately the size and amount found in a yogurt cup you purchase at the store where as the full size would be closely equivalent to a store created yogurt parfait with fruit and granola. After finally getting our orders and we started to try it out I asked what my friend thought about hers right away.

My friend said she really enjoyed hers and that she would try to learn how to make the same creation at home with the same ingredients. 

When ordering my yogurt creation, I was intrigued by the ingredients but mostly pineapple because I have never had yogurt with pineapple in it. The "toasted coconut and pineapple" yogurt creation is good for anyone who loves pineapple. The pineapple used in it were nice and sweet, it reminded me of the pineapple from my work. At my work the pineapple we cut and process are super sweet with no hint of sourness at all. I loved having it as a small snack and I can definitely see myself combining pineapple into vanilla or greek yogurt in the future as a home creation made at my house. 



The total came out to be around $12 for both yogurt creations.



152 PRINCE ST. NY 10012
MON-FRI 8AM-7PM
SAT 8AM-8PM
SUN 9AM-7PM

Official WebsiteTwitter | Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment